Plant Based Kitchen: Extraordinary Simple Vegan and Gluten-Free Cakes & Treats
Sunday, September 24 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Level: All levels - min 3 max 6 participants
Location: Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen @ Brotbakery, 38 Meade Rd. Fairfax Vermont
Costs: $95 - includes refreshments and tasting, plus hands-on instructions and all materials
Instructor: Heike Meyer, owner and bakeress at Brotbakery
Enter the world of Plant Based desserts, breads and treats at Brot Bakhouse School and Kitchen! In this workshop you will immerse yourself in the fabulous world of vegan foods through a hands-on experience with the equipment, tools and techniques needed to prepare outstanding pastries and breads free of dairy, eggs or refined sweeteners. You will learn how to use ingredients like alternative flours, vegan gelatin, agar-agar, kuzu, flax seeds and nut milks to create vegan treats, bars, custards, pies, cakes and breads. Dessert plating and presentation will also be practiced.
We'll finish the workshop with a scumptious tasting of everthing prepared in class and you will go home with a recipe handout and step-by-step instructions for creating fabulous plant based foods at home.
Topics we'll cover include:
- Introduction to vegan foods, nutritional qualities, quality of ingredients and essential equipment used to make modern vegan desserts
- Creating batters and crusts for cakes, muffins and pies, along with frostings and fillings made without dairy or refined sugars
- Working on foundation skills with ingredients such as dairy milk alternatives, agar, coconut cream etc. to make vegan gels, creams, sauces, whips and create your own recipes at home
Plus: Bring your favorite recipes and learn how to "veganize" it
Please email us for more information or sign up on our class page
About the instructor:
Heike Meyer is the owner and bakeress at Brotbakery and loves working with plant based foods and materials. She has successfully completed the "Plant Based Desserts Intensive Course" at the Matthew Kenney Culinary School and recently returned from Mallorca, Spain, where she studied Vegan Pastries at the Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. She's worked with bakers and pastry chefs in Germany and is a 2016 graduate of École Valrhona's culinary program "Reconversion Professionnelle" in Tain l'Hermitage, France. Email her with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware of our cancellation policy:
- Full Payment is due upon registering for a class. We understand that there will be circumstances whereby you will need to cancel your course or change the date. Given two weeks or more notice we are happy to offer a full refund.
- If we need to postpone or cancel a class either a full refund will be given, or you can use your payment as a credit towards any future class.
- If you need to cancel last minute - two weeks or less of the class date - a full refund will be offered if we can refill your booking. Otherwise a 50% refund will be issued.