Bread Baking 101 - An Introduction to Sourdough Baking -
Sunday, December 16 from 10 AM to 2 PM
Level: Perfect for beginners who want to do their first steps in natural sourdough baking and gain a basic understanding of bread baking
Cost: $98 per person, min 4, max. 8 participants
Location: Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen, 38 Meade Rd., Fairfax, Vermont
Come curious and leave inspired by wild yeasts and their magic!
This is our popular bread baking class for beginners. Learn the fundamental basics of sourdough alchemy in bread making, proper mixing, fermenting, shaping and baking and what makes this bread different from something that's made with commercial yeast. You will also learn about the history of natural bread making, e.g. types of grains used for bread, different types of grains and flour, and starting and maintaining a live bread culture (sourdough).
Making completely natural bread with your own sourdough may take some planning, but it does not have to be complicated - you don't even need a mixer, it's all made by hand!
The class is designed as an introduction to sourdough baking techniqes and you will get a ripe sourdough culture to take home, so you can start making bread right away.
- For more information please email us.
Please be aware of our cancellation policy:
- Full Payment is due upon registering for a class. We understand that there will be circumstances whereby you will need to cancel your course or change the date. Given two weeks or more notice we are happy to offer a full refund.
- If we need to postpone or cancel a class either a full refund will be given, or you can use your payment as a credit towards any future class.
- If you need to cancel last minute - two weeks or less of the class date - a full refund will be offered if we can refill your booking. Otherwise a 50% refund will be issued.
- if you need to cancel within 24 hours of class a full refund will be offered if we can refill your booking. Otherwise no refund can be issued.