What: Intensive In-Person Full Day Workshop
When: Sunday June 2, 2024 | 10 AM to approx 3 PM
Where: Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen, Fairfax Vermont
What: In-depth study of baking with sourdough (small group experience - max 8 students)
Costs: $175 per person, including all handouts, refreshments, baker's lunch and a sensory bread tasting
Join us in-person at the bakehouse for a day of hands-on baking to learn all about the craft of sourdough bread baking.
Discover (or rediscover) how sourdough techniques will work for you in this intensive workshop, held in the inspiring surroundings of the Vermont bakehouse, where we invite you to unwind and immerse in the craft of baking.
In this one day hands-on workshop you will not only explore the craft of baking with sourdough, but also the techniques and methods that make sourdough bread so unique and delicious.
We will be making different bread recipes (and go through the various steps), while also discussing all aspects of making, feeding and maintaining a starter culture for bread baking. Maintaining a starter culture is easy and manageable for all bakers - we'll discuss different options that work for your schedule.
Will discuss the tools of sourdough management, and how develop certain properties in your starter culture. This workshop is for all bakers or aspiring bakers who are interested in sourdough baking at home or want to refresh their skills.
This is our most popular class and is offered only once this summer - please register early. Unsure if this is for you? Email us for questions.
What we will make: TBA
- Full Payment is due upon registering for a class. We understand that there will be circumstances whereby you will need to cancel your course or change the date. Given 30 days or more notice we are happy to offer a full refund or a credit towards another class or workshop at Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen.
- If we need to postpone or cancel a class either a full refund will be given, or you can use your payment as a credit towards any future class. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone a class should the minimum number of participants not be reached or if we have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances like illness, travel or other reasons.
- If you need to cancel 30 days or more before class date, a full refund minus Eventbrite fees (10% of ticket price) will be offered. We are also happy to offer a full amount credit towards another class; valid for 3 years.
- If you need to cancel 4-29 days before class date a full refund minus Eventbrite fees (10% of ticket price) will be offered if we can fill your spot in the class. Otherwise no refund can be offered, but we are happy to offer a class credit towards another class at Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen.
- If you need to cancel 3 days or less hours before class no refund can be issued.