Date: Sunday, December 08 2019
Level: All levels
includes hands-on instruction, all materials, refreshments and traditional Advents-Kaffeetrinken (tasting)
min 4 max 10 participants, at the Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen, Fairfax, Vermont
Costs: $140 per person
This class is all about the techniques and recipes of European holiday baked goods, plus an introduction to the tradtion of Advents-Kaffeetrinken (the German coffee & tea ceremony with baked goods, typically celebrated during the holiday season).
Some things we'll be making and tasting in class:
- Stollen; (classic and variations, incl. Dresdner Christstollen, Cranberry Stollen, Rumstollen ) including proper technique of mixing, shaping and baking
- Lebkuchen: Learn all about the history of the century-old rye cake and how to make authentic Nueremberg Lebkuchen at home
- Plätzchen: Zimtsterne, Vanille Kipferl, Stollen bites (and some vegan and gluten free versions)
- Preparation of a traditional "Adventskaffee", the celebration of holiday baked goods, coffee, tea and other specialties around the candle-lid table.
Join us for this celebration of the rich history and traditions of the holiday season, old-world style.
Please be aware of our cancellation policy:
- Full Payment is due upon registering for a class. We understand that there will be circumstances whereby you will need to cancel your course or change the date. Given two weeks or more notice we are happy to offer a full refund.
- If we need to postpone or cancel a class either a full refund minus Eventbrite fees (6% of ticket price) will be given, or you can use your payment as a credit towards any future class.
- If you need to cancel last minute - one week or less of the class date - a full refund minus Eventbrite fees (6% of ticket price) will be offered if we can refill your booking. Otherwise no refund will be issued.