Date: Sunday, December 09, from 12pm to 4pm
Level: All levels
Costs: $110 per person (Pre-registration before Oct.1: $98 per person), includes demos, all materials, hands-on instruction, coaching and Advents-Kaffeetrinken
min 4 max 9 participants, at the Brot Bakehouse School and Kitchen
This class is all about the rich holiday baking traditions of Germany, Austria and the surrounding areas and includes hands-on teachings of traditional techniques and recipes. We end the class with a tasting called Advents-Kaffeetrinken (the traditional German coffee & tea ceremony with holiday baked goods).
Some things we'll be making in class:
- Stollen; (classic and variations, incl. Dresdner Christstollen, Cranberry Stollen, Rumstollen ) including proper technique of mixing, shaping and baking
- Lebkuchen: Learn all about the history of the century-old rye cake and how to make authentic Nueremberg Lebkuchen at home
- Plätzchen: Zimtsterne, Vanille Kipferl, Stollen bites (and some vegan and gluten free versions)
- How to prepare a traditional "Adventskaffee", the celebration of coffee, tea and holiday specialties around the candle lid table
We'll introduce you to the rich history and traditional ways of celebrating the holiday season, old-world style.
Please be aware of our cancellation policy:
- Full Payment is due upon registering for a class. We understand that there will be circumstances whereby you will need to cancel your course or change the date. Given two weeks or more notice we are happy to offer a full refund.
- If we need to postpone or cancel a class either a full refund will be given, or you can use your payment as a credit towards any future class.
- If you need to cancel last minute - two weeks or less of the class date - a full refund will be offered if we can refill your booking. Otherwise a 50% refund will be issued.
- if you need to cancel within 24 hours of class a full refund will be offered if we can refill your booking. Otherwise no refund can be issued.